Hiab is often used to describe a Lorry Loader Crane. Hiab is one of several manufacturers of truck-mounted cranes, including Atlas, Palfinger, Fassi. At North West Services, our training course enables you to be covered and operate any make of lorry loader crane with the most common Hiab attachments. Our course also gives you the confidence to know that you can operate a HIAB to a high standard.
Our Training Course
The course we provide qualifies you to operate loaders within the category of the loader (HIAB) for which you receive training. With the course, that details A36 Hook (A) Clamshell (B) Hydraulic Clamp (C), you will be able to use any attachment for which you receive training.
The HiAB Training course at North West Services teaches people safe working practices to ensure the operator is comfortable with the operating machines in a work environment.
Our course offers an experience for everyone, from novices with no HIAB experience, right through to professionals who want to improve their skills; the course includes both practical and theory training. The duration of the course is four days at max for people with minimal experience and one day for an experienced worker. The course at North West Services will enable people with no experience to progress through the course, and on successfully passing the tests qualify them as a lorry mounted crane operator.
On completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with the manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e., duties charts and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks of the carrier vehicle, lifting appliance and relevant attachments
- Explain the Safe Working Loads and Duties Chart for the loader.
- Configure the lorry loader and carrier vehicle for site and road travel.
- Manoeuvre the carrier vehicle into a position to carry out the lifting of various loads.
- Set up the carrier vehicle to carry out lifts from minimum to the maximum radius.
- Use the correct attachment for the lifting of various loads.
- Lift and place loads at varying radii.
- Load a vehicle in accordance with industry practices.
- Secure various loads on the vehicle bed in accordance with industry practices.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the loader and carrier vehicle in an out-of-service condition.
Inadequately trained Hiab operators can be a significant cause of accidents, even if such accidents do not cause a fatality or an injury, they will almost certainly lead to costly legal action.
It is imperative to gain quality Hiab training, as a properly trained operator is also a more profitable one. The course at North West Services can help clients develop their skills and knowledge on how to operate a HIAB lorry mounted crane safely and efficiently.
CPCS or NPORS qualifications
Our courses are equivalent to both CPCS, short for Construction Plant Competence Scheme and The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme, commonly known as NPORS.
Other associations recognise these qualifications for complying with regulatory and health and safety requirements. Being qualified with our Hiab course means you can provide higher levels of efficiency and less downtime, as well as a safer working environment.
If you are adequately trained in operating a HIAB, you are going to be a more successful driver. Not only will this limit the amount of time you are spent completing jobs, but it can also lead to a safer working environment.
Head to the North West Services plant training page to see what other courses we offer or get in touch to see how we can help you. You can call us on 01942 233 361 or send us an email email@example.com.