At North West Services, we pride ourselves in delivering a top-notch experience, whether that is for our staff or our customers.
We cater to the plant training requirements for all industries, from training forklift operators to training for dumper truck operators, we have you covered.
When you are looking for the best plant training service provider in North West, think of North West Services.
Our skilled course
One of the courses we provide is Excavator Training – Excavator 360 Above And Below 10t. The course at North West Services is designed to give novice and intermediate operators with sufficient 360 excavator training. This will enable the individual to competently and safely carry out the role of an excavator and pass either the CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) theory/practical assessments or the NPORS (CSCS). A CPCS training course ensures that you are taught the safest ways to operate heavy machinery
Ultimately the package we provide ensures that the operator has the experience with the latest technology and therefore we own modern machines and run with two excavators on each course with a maximum of 4 people so seat time is not an issue.
Customers will have the peace of mind that their operators are fully conversant with the latest practices and safe procedures.
A newly qualified excavator operator will be able to dig a straight trench to a uniform depth, grade a slope accurately, look after the machine and operate it safely.
The training for the CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) or NPORS (CSCS) is in the form of the A58/A59 360 Excavator course and is designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient 360 excavator training.
This qualification will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role of an excavator operator and pass the CPCS or NPORS theory/practical assessments.
The duration of the Excavator Training course at North West Services can range from 10 days for a novice worker to 1 day for an experienced worker. We provide customised training solutions to suit your requirements. Whether you are looking to train your most experienced operators or need proficient training for your novice operators, we have you covered.
Once the course is completed, the candidates will be able to:
● Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
● Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions following the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
● Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
● Configure the excavator for site travel.
● Travel the machine over varying types of terrain, including rough, undulating ground and substantial inclines.
● Manoeuvre the excavator in confined areas.
● Set the machine to excavate.
● Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards.
● Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
● Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
● Grade, spread and level different types of terrain.
● Remove and re-attach buckets.
● Carry out a basic lifting exercise
● Place the machine in an out-of-service condition.
● Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
The course we provide will help them to gain the skills and help existing plant operators, which will enable them to operate machines on a fast-moving ‘digitally enabled’ construction site.
The team at North West Services ensures that operators are ‘site-ready,’ which means that they have the necessary skills and competencies for all kinds of projects.
With all kinds of skill sets that need catering for we have courses and training available that can deliver site-ready individuals.
Crucially, they will have gained the experience necessary to do the job with confidence.
Head to the North West Services plant training page to see what other courses we offer or get in touch to see how we can help you.
You can call us on 01942 233 361 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.