Want to qualify to operate an Excavator 180° below 5 tonnes competently?
At North West Services, we can provide all the training below 5t – A10 Above 5t – A12 that you may need.
An Excavator 180° is a piece of heavy wheeled machinery consisting of a multi purpose bucket on the front and a back actor mounted at the rear. They are very versatile and can be used in many ways, such as digging trenches, holes and foundations, material handling; forestry work; demolition; landscaping; snow removal, etc and some come fitted with compressors for air tools.
Excavator 180 training
Our Excavator 180° course at North West Services is for anyone who is required to operate a 180° excavator in land-based or construction industries. The practical based course we offer will teach trainees how to safely operate the machinery as well as give them a good grounding in their health and safety obligations as an operator. This so they can understand the operator’s duties and responsibilities by the end of the course and be confident in the role.
Our excavator 180° above 5 tonne training runs from one to ten days maximum depending on experience. The Excavator 180 trainee will be expected to identify basic construction and components together with their uses, limitations and principles of operation
The amount of instruction during the course will depend mainly upon previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs.
On completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with the manufacturer’s instructions following the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the machine to travel with a pole and set up to place a pole.
- Pick up a suitable pole and place in travel position.
- Use rotoclaw attachment to excavate a pole hole.
- Set up Machine and using rotoclaw attachment pick up and erect the pole into position.
- Backfill excavation around the newly placed pole.
- Place the excavator in an out-of-service condition.
This course provides instruction in the correct operation of 180 Excavators for operators who will be using such machines on site. The training we provide at North West Services is law aiding and relates to work equipment and health and safety as well as being accredited by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS). Having this course under your belt means you will learn the capabilities and operation of the machine as well as any need to know information that is regulated by the CPCS and NPORS, commonly known as The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme.
180 Excavator training with North West Services delivers practical skills and theoretical knowledge, allowing candidates to operate in compliance with HSE (Health and Safety England) requirements.
180° excavators are widely used throughout the land-based and construction industry. They are versatile machines that can be used for a variety of different jobs, and it is due to their power and weight that these machines, if not used correctly, accidents can happen, and this is why training is so necessary.
Head to the North West Services plant training page to see what other courses we offer or get in touch to see how we can help you. You can call us on 01942 233 361 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.