At North West Services, our forward tipping dumper training course will enable you to learn the basics of operating an articulated forward tipping dumper. During the course, you will also learn current legislation, health and safety rules, stability regulations and the responsibilities you hold as a Plant Operator. You will be training in a purpose-built area for working on different gradients and manoeuvring the machine for loading and tipping exercises.
The course will provide you with the necessary knowledge and practical skills involved in operating Forward Tipping Dumper – A09 Wheeled (A) Tracked (B). The CPCS or NPORS accredited training course is aimed at those expected to safely and legally operate a Forward Tipping Dumper.
The candidates will be able to carry out a pre-shift inspection as well as enabling employees to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
If you work on major construction sites, you may be asked for your qualifications to be registered through the CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme) or NPORS CSCS (The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) qualifications.
Our courses are equivalent to both routes and will give you the trained operator red card to work on site. The course we provide at North West Services will allow you to safely operate a forward tipping dumper plant machine to the standard required by law.
On completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with the manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources, and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
The Dumper Training course can range from one day to three days, depending on the individual’s experience and whether they hold a driver’s license. Once the course has been completed, they will be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
At North West Services, we ensure every candidate has a thorough understanding of their responsibilities under current and relevant health and safety legislation.
Why choose us?
The course we provide at North West Services will allow you to safely operate a forward tipping dumper plant machine to the standard required by law.
Completing our course proves you are competent to operate the forward tipping dumper.
Depending on your level of experience, the forward tipping dumper course can be delivered in as little as one day.
- Fast track and weekend courses
- Expert training knowledge
- Officially accredited course provider
- Complete multiple courses at the same time, so you get back to work faster
- We fit training around you
- Highest pass rates
- Fast certification
Head to the North West Services plant training page to see what other courses we offer or get in touch to see how we can help you.
You can call us on 01942 233 361 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.