Dumper trucks are one of the most commonly used vehicles in construction and also in general public service, whether they’re emptying your rubbish or building new homes. If you can learn how to drive a dumper truck, you’ll be a highly valuable team member.
The Dump Truck training course at North West Services will allow you to develop the skills and knowledge required for you to do your job safely and confidently.
Dump Truck Training
Our course is for anyone who currently operates or will be required to operate a Dump Truck on the land-based or construction industries. The training you will receive will enable you to work on essential and constructive jobs that keep society running smoothly, providing the ultimate in job satisfaction.
Our Dump Truck training and assessment course duration will depend on your experience. Still, on completion, you will understand and learn about the dump truck’s capabilities so that you can use it effectively and safely.
On completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the truck for site and road travel.
- Travel the truck over differing types of terrain, including rough, undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dump truck to receive loads.
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
The course we provide at North West Services gives you the skills of operating a Dump Truck; these skills are imperative for operators who will be using such machines on site. Our training accredited to the laws relating to work equipment and health and safety and by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS).
Why choose us?
Throughout the land-based and construction industry, dump trucks are an essential machine on-site. Therefore the training is essential to a construction worker. The course at North West Services is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn to operate a dump truck. Our course doesn’t adopt a ‘one size fits all’ approach; we aim to provide training that’s specific to you or your business.
Our aim is great training and education, which not only teaches you about the current rules and regulations but teaches you the best practices for what you need to learn about. This is because we keep on top of the needs of the industry. After all, changes and qualifications are continually changing.
We are proud of the fact that we are well established in the industry, and we believe our training can result in better work opportunities for operators.
Head to the North West Services plant training page to see what other courses we offer or get in touch to see how we can help you. You can call us on 01942 233 361 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.